I made this for dessert last night when we had guests over, and wow, was it good! Especially with my dairy-free peanut butter ice cream on top. Just fair warning, though…this makes about 16 servings, so be prepared for leftovers. 🙂 Not that leftovers are a bad thing. We tried eating an 8th each, and it was just a bit too much, so a 16th is probably just right. This recipe is for a full-sized (12″) cast iron skillet, and I love it because I don’t dirty any bowls! Everything is done in the skillet. Wish I had pix for you, but you’ll have to work with me on this. I made it with butter (I don’t seem to have a problem with it if it’s baked in to something) but I’m sure a substitute would work.
Gluten Free Dark Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Melt 2 sticks of unsalted butter in cast-iron skillet over med-low heat
3. Stir in 1 c granulated sugar (or agave), 1 c. brown sugar, and 2 tsp vanilla extract and remove from heat.
4. Let rest until pan is warm, but not hot. 5 minutes or so.
5. Crack 2 eggs on to the butter/sugar mix and whisk it in with a fork.
6. Place 3 cups of Special Sweets Blend flour, 1 tsp baking soda, and 1/2 tsp salt on top, and stir into mixture (carefully) until well-mixed.
7. Stir in 2 cups of dark chocolate chips
Place in oven for 15 minutes (golden on top, but not quite fully done in the center…it’s better that way). Serve with dairy-free peanut butter ice cream
Due to the oat flour in the Sweets Blend, it will have more of an oatmeal cookie texture, but it’s delicious, I assure you.